Thursday, April 23, 2015

In Loving Memory of my Mother



Today marks the 5th anniversary of my mother’s passing away.  I wanted to write this article to commemorate my mother and at the same time pay tribute to all mothers whom have sacrifice all their lives for the sake of the better future of their children.

Maybe most of the young people would not appreciate what I have written 5 years ago “In Remembrance and Honor of my mother, Tan Seng Keng(陈秀缎)”, as most of them live under far better condition and environment compared to previous generation.  However, the reality is that the sacrifice of mother happens in one form or another, generation after generation.

I am very grateful for what my mother has done for me and my siblings.  We are who we are today because of my mother.  Regardless of all the hardships she has to go through, even during her suffering through cancer treatment, she placed high importance in making sure our education will not be compromised.  My mother realized that education can change a person’s destiny in life, although she was illiterate herself.

At times, I feel pity for those children who have to give up their education because of the poor family condition.  Poverty should never be an excuse to deprive a child from having the proper education.  Education should always be the top priority of every society.

No comments:

Post a Comment